Series writer and Executive Producer Michael Beckner just announced this on the official Facebook page for the series:
MFB here. In about a week, the creative team is traveling to a big meeting with the network. The unswerving support of this community has carried us over some rough spots and kept in focus that this is ALL OF OUR STORY we’re telling—past, present and future—and we’ve gotten to this place together!
It’s my intention to take that message along, AND AS MANY OF YOU WHO WANT TO COME ALONG, into this meeting with us.
Well, some of our stars who are unable to be in the meeting are putting together short iPhone video comments to the president of the network. We’re going to put as many of you we can into that video with them…
So it’s VIDEO time! You have a VOICE and a FACE and we need them both!
Now is your chance to tell the network how much you want to see this series and why!
Get your phone up to your face or pull out that old dusty desktop cam. We can’t wait!
1. Make ‘em short, short, short. :30 seconds to 1:30 minute is fine; it’s easiest for us to pull the best 5 – 10 second sound bite from something longer.
2. Be funny, be casual, be serious, whatever, just be you!
3. Do it solo, with a spouse a friend a relative, a child.
4. Pick an interesting background—inside, outside no matter.
5. Comment why you want to see this series, what draws you to it—cast, music, star, personal ancestry, importance to education, the political times we’re in today, why this is MORE THAN JUST TV AS USUAL: say anything you want!
1. No costumes or Civil War props; this needs to be about us TODAY not YESTERDAY.
You may share your video by sending a link in a private message on this site. Or simply upload it to the community page. We will be editing this beginning tomorrow and locking it Thursday night.
So, there you have it. Here’s YOUR chance to play a crucial role in getting this series made! Make your videos and post them on the official FB page, or send them to me via e-mail, and I will get them to Michael. Don’t delay!